Frequently Asked Questions
Age: 7 years minimum
Level: RCM level 3 minimum
We assess students’ availability, age (except for adults), level and experience, and arrange them in chamber music groups (duo, trio, quartet etc) accordingly.
Coachings are arranged at a mutually convenient time for students and coach.
It depends on 2 factors. First of all, the instrumental make-up of the group determines plays a big part. For example, in a piano trio, the 6 coachings will be more or less evenly split between a piano and a string coach. The other factor will be the location of the chamber group members, as we will also try to assign coaches who live close to the students
No. Students need to learn their part from their own private teacher and be fully prepared for rehearsal. The coaches’ primary duty is facilitate collaboration of the group, but will also address any technical, musical and stylistic issues as well
Coachings are arranged at a mutually convenient location for students and coach, which could be at the coach’s or a student’s home.
A: Payment may be made using the following methods:
1. E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Mail cheque, payable to Pacific Chamber Music Academy, to 2995 Grizzly Place, Coquitlam, BC V3E 2Z6 (there is a $35 for NSF cheques)
- $40 registration fee is non-refundable
- All programs: student must provide a doctor’s note to withdraw for medical reason
- Summer camp: student must provide 30-day notice to terminate before start of program in order to receive a full refund on tuition minus registration fee.
- In case of a Covid19 lock down before program commences, we will issue credit for future enrollment